Trinity Lutheran Church
a loving community of believers centered in Christ, we are called by
God and empowered by the Holy Spirit to devote our time, talent and
resources in the proclamation of the Good News to all, and in the
stewardship of God's creation.
How will you Walk with Jesus?
Every day is a walk with Jesus. We Christians believe life is spent in the presence of our Lord. Therefore, we can talk about every day as a day during which we walk with Jesus. Some days we feel Jesus’ presence. Some days we feel quite a distance from Jesus. We boldly proclaim that, regardless of how we feel, Jesus is there. Jesus walks with us every day.
As we who are Trinity Lutheran Church consider our financial stewardship over the next few weeks, you will be asked to think about your use of money and possessions as a part of your walk with Jesus. This is most appropriate, because when Jesus walked this earth with his disciples, he often talked about money and possessions. If money was a part of Jesus’ first walk on this earth, it should be a part of our walk with Jesus today.
We believe that everything we have is a trust from God, given to us to care for and manage. What we do with our money is very much a part of our relationship with our Lord. This will be our focus in the coming weeks.
For three consecutive Sundays we will read a bulletin insert and hear a talk in worship. For three weeks, we will each receive a letter from the congregation. All of these will focus on our walk with Jesus, and how money plays an important part in this walk. We will be asked to pray and think about the priorities we make in life.
Then each member of Trinity will have the opportunity to complete an estimate of giving card. On this card, each of us will indicate our plan for giving for the coming year.
This will not only be a plan for giving to Trinity Lutheran Church, it will also be a plan for how we will walk with Jesus in the coming year.
38 North High Street, Arendtsville, PA 17303
Come to Sunday School It’s fun and enriching. Join one of our classes!
As Trinity moves into its regular fall worship schedule with two services beginning at 8 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 8, Sunday school will also resume from 8:45 to 9:45 a.m. Trinity's Christian Education program offers classes for children and youth of every grade level, from pre-school to Grade 12. Trinity also offers a wide variety of classes for adults.
• Toddlers: Led by Phyllis Knouse, in the nursery.
• Preschool—Grades 5: Using the “Sparks” curriculum, the classes are based on the readings the children will hear in church. Led by Audrey Ridinger, in the Social Room.
• Confirmation: Youth of Confirmation Age are studying the nuts and bolts of Lutheranism and the Christian faith using the “Lutheran Handbook.” Led by Lisa Robey, in the Adult Sunday School Room.
• Middle and High School: Discussion led by John Menges and Jeff Kane, in the Library.
The adult classes are looking for new members! Why not sit in for a class or two and see if it fits your needs. For information on the classes, talk to Education Chair Audrey Ridinger or the teachers:
• The Golden Rule Class: Follows the Augsburg Adult Bible Study series. Led by Maria Levenstein, in the Adult Sunday School Room.
• The Kitchen Class: This class uses study guides and articles from The Lutheran magazine. Led by Margie Elliott, in the Adult Sunday School Room.
• Faith Seekers: Spiritual and Biblical topics. Led by Dick Price, meets in the Office.
• The Generation X Class: We’re looking at topics of contemporary faith and life. Led by Pastor Blezard. Meets in the GenX Room next to the Office.